ABOUT DAVID TVILDIANI MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
Among numerus factors contributing to medical progress, an important role is assigned to perfection of the system of continued medical education and training of the personnel for high qualification. In the 1990s, the Georgian Medical Postgraduate foundation was established in Tbilisi, Georgia (Dr. Dm. Tvildiani), which enrolled over 200 young physicians aimed at passing the US Medical Licensing Examination (operating in more than 80 countries) with subsequent completion of medical residency program in the USA or other countries. The foundation effectively provided the members with all necessary programs, textbooks and other aids. However, it turned out next to impossible to master the program independently, with only few students being able to pass. This caused an urgent need to found a special, radically new school of higher medical education.
In 1992/1993, the David Tvildiani Medical University (DTMU) started functioning under the patronage of Acad. David Tvildiani and Dr. Dimitri Tvildiani. It is one of the first non-governmental higher medical education institutions in Georgia. Since 2011 David Tvildiani Medical University (DTMU) was renamed after the academician David Tvildiani in David Tvildiani Medical University. The university has one faculty – the Faculty of General Medicine. The duration of the educational process lasts for 6 years. It consists of three stages: Basic Medical Science (2.5 years), Clinical Science (2.5 years), Pre-diploma Specialization (Clinical Clerkship – one year). The curriculum consists of single cycles each concluded by a test which affects the final results obtained in a given discipline. The duration of an academic year makes up 40 weeks (2 semesters). The end of year examination is conducted in the form of test according to the quotas in all the subjects taken within the year. The quality of student’s knowledge is checked using the original self-designed computer-based assessment program Including the complicacy number test questions. Learning of Basic Medical disciplines is system-oriented, while that of Clinical Medical Disciplines is Problem and System – oriented. According to the results of the course examination a student may have the fee discount. The final score is also influenced by the results of oral examinations taken throughout the year. Selection examinations are conducted for DTMU`s students and graduates aimed to pass the USMLE Steps. A student has to obtain the threshold exceeding score to be admitted as a candidate for the USMLE financed by the School.
DTMU is included into the WHO AVICENNA Directory for medicine, it is a member of the Association for Medical Education in Europe (AMEE), Association of Medical Schools in Europe (AMSE) and Organization for PhD Education in Biomedicine and Health Sciences in the European System (ORPHEUS).
A large number of the graduates have already completed or are currently doing the residency or other proficiency courses, working as physicians in prominent USA and European Universities and Clinics. The absolute majority of the graduates have been employed in the professional field, while many more successfully passed the international exams (USMLE, PLAB, MCI) and are currently developing their skills at clinics and research centres of the USA, Germany, Britain, Sweden and other countries. A number of the graduates have returned to the School as efficient teachers. Some have earned their PhD degree.
David Tvildiani Medical University Faculty and Courses.
The David Tvildiani Medical University has one of the one of the most experience faculties of General Medicine and when it comes to the courses, the university offers a six-year long course on General Medicine. The degree of M.D holds the same significance as M.B.B.S in India and features three stages:
- Basic Medical Science Learning comprising 5 semesters or 2.5 years
- Clinical Science Learning which requires subsequent 5 semesters (VI – X)
- Clinical Clerkship comprising 1 year (VI academic year)
Devid Tvildiani Medical University Fees.
|David Tvildiani Medical University
|Tuition Fees/Year in US Dollars
|Total in Indian Rupees/Per Year
Amenities offered by the DTMU.
The David Tvildiani Medical University offers world class amenities to the students coming from all corners of the world. With the best infrastructure and best features as provided by DTMU, the university provides the perfect ambiance for study and a healthy life during the academics. With the conferences, cultural meeting, internet facility and best collection of books related to medicine, the David Tvildiani Medical University provide the best features to students to excel in their career.
Here are some offering by David Tvildiani Medical University
- USMLE based Education.
- Guaranteed success in MCI Exam.
- A Chance to take the International Medical License.
- An opportunity to refine clinical skills in the prominent Indian and International clinics.
Recognitions of David Tvildiani Medical University.
- Georgian Ministry of Education
- Georgian Ministry of Health
- National Centre for Education Quality Enhancement
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
- World Health Organization (WHO) since
Facts About David Tvildiani Medical University.
- Premier Medical School in Georgia for MBBS in Georgia.
- First and only Medical School in Georgia to fully adopt medical program entirely based on United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) using US textbooks.
- Highest percentage of students successfully passing USMLE exams in Georgia.
- Students graduated from here currently working in many Advanced Hospitals of US and other places.
- An opportunity to conduct part of Clinical Internship in Lithuania, E.U. (Klaipeda University Hospital) for final year students.
- Only Medical School in Georgia to conduct exams both in oral and computer based multiple choice questions format.